#opnfv-meeting: Weekly Technical Discussion

Meeting started by bh526r at 13:00:38 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. Roll Call (bh526r, 13:01:09)
    1. Bin Hu (bh526r, 13:01:13)
    2. Fatih Degirmenci (fdegir, 13:01:30)
    3. Ray Paik (rpaik, 13:01:42)
    4. David McBride (dmcbride, 13:02:09)
    5. Jack Morgan (jmorgan1, 13:03:05)

  2. New Project Proposal: Dovestack (bh526r, 13:05:42)
    1. Prakash introduced that the target is to address the pain points from EUAG and Dovetail testing (bh526r, 13:07:06)
    2. https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/dovetail/Project+Name%3A++++++Dovestack (bh526r, 13:10:53)
    3. The proposal is to address pain points of dovetail test plan development during the early part of release to proactively address the execution of selected use case needed for a given release of Dovetail (bh526r, 13:14:30)
    4. The scope is to identity a list of features and functionality will be developed, including (bh526r, 13:15:37)
    5. (1) Creating Stack using Openstack/devstack (Heat) CLI manually and automate through FUNCTEST snaps library (bh526r, 13:15:51)
    6. (2) Leverage open source tests and adapt them for testing dovestack use case In this F release the focus will be on Clearwater vIMS tests. (bh526r, 13:16:04)
    7. (3) Provide inputs through Alfa and Beta testing to complete Functional and Dovetail testing for Scenario selected for the release. (bh526r, 13:16:19)
    8. Jack Morgan summarized that Dovestack will feed test plan and test case to Dovetail projects. Is it needed to have a separate project or should the work be part of Dovetail? (bh526r, 13:31:46)
    9. Prakash said that the test plan and test case should be independent of test execution (bh526r, 13:32:12)
    10. Jack asked what type of hardware needed? or only documentation? (bh526r, 13:32:53)
    11. Jack indicated that we don't have such type of "multi-arch" OPNFV pod (bh526r, 13:35:01)
    12. We only have Pharos specs (bh526r, 13:35:19)
    13. Jack if Dovetail will start to do CVP testing on multi-arch pod? (bh526r, 13:36:06)
    14. Fatih asked why we need a separate project now? We have test WG and many test projects, have you communicated with test WG? (bh526r, 13:37:37)
    15. Prakash said yes, he would bring it to test WG for discussion (bh526r, 13:39:39)
    16. 3 actions for Prakash: (bh526r, 13:44:17)
    17. (1) send announcement to TSC mailing list and start the 2-week clock (bh526r, 13:44:38)
    18. (2) bring the proposal to test WG for socialization and deep dive of specific gaps and tasks identified in the proposal, so that the best way to move forward can be agreed (bh526r, 13:45:43)
    19. (3) bring the proposal to Dovetail project because Dovetail is targeted as the beneficiary of this proposal (bh526r, 13:46:17)
    20. https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/Pharos_Specification2.0 (rpaik, 13:46:27)

  3. Hardware Requirement and Improvements on Pharos Specs (bh526r, 13:46:53)
    1. Jack created an etherpad, and the link is posted by Ray above (bh526r, 13:47:19)
    2. We will collect suggestions of Pharos 2.0 in this etherpad (bh526r, 13:50:01)
    3. Jack will also provide example of pod description file (bh526r, 13:59:02)
    4. Meeting adjourned (bh526r, 13:59:12)

Meeting ended at 13:59:15 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. (none)

People present (lines said)

  1. bh526r (29)
  2. fdegir (4)
  3. collabot` (3)
  4. rpaik (2)
  5. bryan_att (1)
  6. dmcbride (1)
  7. jmorgan1 (1)

Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.